Ben Smith CodeGear’s CEO has tagged me for my favorite things about Delphi 2007. In no particluar order:
- FastCode/community contributions to the RTL
This quote pretty much sums up the Delphi community:
“One of the best I’ve found is the community that grew up around the Borland programming tools that have since become the CodeGear programing tools. Members of that community go to amazing lengths to help fellow programmers learn new ways of doing things. I’ve tried many other communities and you are either ignored or ridiculed.
- Seppy Bloom’s work on Vista support in the VCL
- Jim Tierney’s work on usability improvements in the VCL form designer
- Mark Edington’s work on desktop switching performance
- Adam Markowitz’s work on Code Insight
Like David, there are far more things to mention this but some of these are not obvious until you start using the product.
I tag: Eric Fortier, Zarko Gajic, Jeremy North, Jacob Thurman and Matt Levin