Recently, I upgraded my copy of TestComplete from v6.4 to v6.5 which includes a cool new feature called Script Extensions. The online help for this feature mentions a new File|Install Script Extensions… menu item which, after upgrading was not present on the File menu.
Fortunately, there is a simple workaround which is to manually place the item onto the menu as follows:
- Right click on the toolbar and select Customize…
- On the Customize dialog click the Commands tab
- Select the Script Extensions Category
- Select the “Install Script Extensions…” item
- Drag/drop it onto the File menu
At present, I’m still experimenting with Script Extensions but they look very powerful and are a welcome addition to TestComplete.