I’ve been working on Script Extensions for TestComplete and thought it would be nice to have Intellisense support while editing the description.xml file required by the IDE. Here is what I did:
- Opened the TestComplete online help and searched for description.xml
- Copied the xml and saved it to a .xml file
- From the command line I ran xsd.exe on the file as follows:
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\xsd.exe TCSchema.xml
- In VS.NET open a description.xml file
- Select XML|Schemas… and Add the schema file saved in the step above:
Now, I have Intellisense support for creating description.xml files.