Delphi Custom Search Engine – update

Awhile ago I created a Delphi custom search engine and when I went to create a new search engine I took a peek at its statistics on Google Coop. Much to my surprise this search engine is actually averaging 17 searches a day. Sure, that doesn’t exactly sound like much but I was really expecting zero as I never got much feedback about it. I’m glad there are at least a few people out there using it. Here is a chart of it’s usage: 

image

I think the April results are so skewed because I was testing it a lot and it’s when I first blogged about it. I really like Google Coop and have created a custom search engine for my OPML allowing me to do easy blog searching. If you’re using the Delphi search engine and have sites you’d like added to the list just leave a comment and let me know or if you’re using it and find it effective that would be fun to know as well.

Btw, I tried adding some JavaScript to this post to display the top queries but it seems Google’s JavaScript is busted. Oh well.

4 thoughts on “Delphi Custom Search Engine – update

  1. Hi Praveen,
    Glad to hear it. No, I haven’t actually used Delphi since leaving CodeGear and at this point, I don’t see that changing. All of my work is currently ASP.NET 2.0 with WPF and SilverLight on the horizon.

  2. Hi Steve,
    It’s really great and constantly finds me new blogs etc. that I would not otherwise have found.
    Thanks!

Comments are closed.