As a TestComplete trainer I’ve found myself re-installing it a few times and I typically have to reconfigure my TFS connection. I’ve been asked about this a few times so I thought I’d write it down. Here are the steps to setup and add a TestComplete project to TFS.
- Select Tools | Issue Tracking | Connection Manager. This is usually the step I forget since it seems a bit odd to got to Issue Tracking when I want Source Control. Anyhoo…
- Click Add…, provide a Connection name and select Visual Studio Team System:
- Click Next and specify the TFS URL and credentials:
- At this point, you should see the status of the connection and the top-level projects from the TFS server:
- Now, from the Project Explorer you can right click your Project Suite and add it to the repository:
And that as they say is it.
Are you using TFS? Do you use it in TestComplete?