Over the break I took a look at updating my Facebook Developer Toolkit (FDT) Starter kit to the latest v3.0 release that was announced at PDC. My first thought was to download the sources via SVN but unfortunately, that failed so I resorted to using the SDK Source download which I’d rather not do as it leaves no easy way to keep up-to-date with recent checkins.
Anyway, I built the sources which “just worked”, surely a good sign.
Next, I worked to compile and run my Starter Kit application and here is what I found (at least so far):
- Delete old referenced assemblies
- Change using statements:
- using facebook; –> using Facebook
- using facebook.web; –> using Facebook.Web;
- using facebook.Schema; –> using Facebook.Schema;
- Master.API.uid; –> Master.Api.Users.GetLoggedInUser();
- Master.API.friends.getUserObjects(); –> Master.Api.Friends.GetUserObjects();
- Master.API.photos.getAlbums(); -> Master.Api.Photos.GetAlbums();
- facebook.Schema.user –> Facebook.Schema.user
- Master.API.users.getInfo(Master.API.uid); –> Master.Api.Users.GetInfo(Master.Api.Users.GetLoggedInUser());
- facebook.fql q = new facebook.fql(Master.API);
- Add using Facebook.Rest
- facebook.fql q = new facebook.fql(Master.API); –> Fql q = new Fql(Facebook.Session.FacebookSession);
- Convert Site.Master page Page_Load method to a constructor setting RequireLogin = true;
- Regular Expression bug
Until I get some time to resolve the RegEx issue the rest will be on hold for a bit though things are looking pretty good and the above didn’t take long at all. I have noticed a few worrisome comments on the discussion forum.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.